Dare to DUNK 3v3 Basketball Tournament
Time & Location
About the Event
On Sunday, September 20th, Dare to LEAD invites you to Dare to DUNK, a 3on3 Basketball Tournament benefiting Leukemia and Lymphoma. Dare to LEAD was founded by high school student, Katie Hoang. A few years ago, her cousin was starting college, active with no health problems. Basketball was one of his fondest school memories that allowed him to stay active and have fun with his friends. One day he felt really sick and went to the emergency room where he was diagnosed with leukemia. He needed a transplant and is free of cancer today. He, like many others, needed a chance with a transplant. September is Blood Cancer Awareness Month where it is a focused time to raise awareness about efforts to fight blood cancers like Leukemia. Dare to DUNK will raise money through sponsorships and donations to support this effort by donating proceeds to the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. Dare to LEAD will specifically educate youth about leukemia and how they can support the fight to help the 376,508 people living with or in remission from leukemia in the US (Leukemia and Lymphoma Society). Dare to DUNK will educate and empower youth to learn more about donating money for cancer research, donating blood and platelets, and have a clearer understanding of leukemia.
This is a tournament for anyone 13 years or older. Anyone under the age of 18 must have a waiver signed by a parent or guardian. All others can sign their own waiver form.
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
3 person team: $30 per team
4 person team: $40 per team
5 person team: $50 per team
(*Broken down to being $10 per player)
REGISTRATION WILL CLOSE AT 11:59PM ON SEPTEMBER 13TH.
Want to help us fundraise and hit our goal? DONATE or Contact us about helping fundraise!
ABOUT THE TOURNAMENT
- Teams are asked to arrive at least 15 minutes before to check in. The tournament will get underway at 8am.
- ALL participants can pre-order a tournament t-shirt and receive it at the tournament. The tournament is open to Boys & Girls / Men & Women 13+
- All skill levels are welcome
- Teams will play those of similar ages and skill-set
- Co-Ed teams are welcome to sign up
- Teams have the option for a fourth and fifth team member, acting as a sub
- MAX AMOUNT OF PLAYERS PER TEAM IS 5 (five), it is not mandatory to have a fifth, a team can be full with only 3 (three) players.
- You are guaranteed to play a minimum of 3 games
- Referees will be assigned to each court
- Game managers will be assigned to each court, keeping score and time
- Teams are encouraged to wear similar color shirts, jerseys, etc.
- Tournament starts off in divisional rounds, where the top team(s) from each division will move on to a single elimination tournament
- Divisions are organized based on how you rank yourself as a team on a scale of 1-10 (1 being casual TO 10 being competitive)
No matter your age or skill-set we will place you in a fair and competitive division so you experience great competition and an awesome workout. Spend the day at the Game On Fort Worth and support a local non-profit, looking to make a difference in the fight against cancer. This is a fun day to bring your family and friends as there will be music and raffle prizes.
Can't make it to our tournament but still want to show your support? Donate and help us fundraise! Please follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and at @daretoleadorg! Questions? Do not hesitate to email us at email@example.com
Thank you for your support. We look forward to seeing you on the courts.
TOGETHER WE CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE!
Important notice re COVID-19: Please note any interaction with the general public poses an elevated risk of being exposed to COVID-19 and we cannot guarantee that you will not be exposed while in attendance at the event. We encourage you to follow the safety policies, as well as local laws and restrictions. Wear a mask, and spectators can also bring their own chairs.
- 3 PERSON TEAM$30+$0.75 Service fee$30+$0.75 Service fee0$0
- 4 PERSON TEAM$40+$1 Service fee$40+$1 Service fee0$0
- 5 PERSON TEAM$50+$1.25 Service fee$50+$1.25 Service fee0$0
- Spectator Tickets$5+$0.13 Service fee$5+$0.13 Service fee0$0